Clifford the big red..err...little cream dog, comes home
Ok, do I have your interest peeked yet? By some flukey and fortunate chance I am now the proud foster parents of not one but TWO puppies. Let me give you a bit of background. A LONG while ago, like before I even got Polaris I began considering fostering a poodle. After Sam had gotten Calvin and I had got to know him I thought that I would be willing to give it a try. Plus, my aunt and uncle have long been considering getting another dog but have alergies. Because of that they weren't able to adopt Winter. If I got a poodle, first choice would of course have it graduate...but atleast if it didn't I would have family to adopt it. Then of course Polaris came along so, so much for a poodle. But he is so great I wouldn't have wanted to trade him for anything. Recently I started thinking again of getting a poodle for after Polaris. I heared that there was a litter born the middle of July but they were already spoken for. Plus, that would have made Polaris only 9 months old at pick-up. Then I heared one was just getting bred so that would mean a puppy coming home at the beginning of November. I quickly decided to get on that list. But after talking to puppy program, it turned out that Polaris wasn't schedualed to be recalled until Febuary. So my mom was unlikely to agree to a 4 month overlap. So, I got OFF that list. I then decided to give up on getting a poodle and focus on getting a good puppy in general in January. The past week thought, Polaris has been SOOOOO good and I was starting to get "puppy withdrawl" like mad. So I thought that I might see if any donations of labs or goldens had come in and were in the facility to foster along with Polaris. Anyways, at the Open House mentioned in Nat's blog, I asked the head of puppy staff if they had any donations in. She said no, so I figured that was the end of it. Then as I was walking away...she asked if I really wanted a lab? I said no, I was fine with any breed. So she points down, and low and behold an adorable 10 week old cream standard poodle puppy is sitting at my feet. She mentions that he had just been returned this morning and was looking for a new home. I snatched him up, took him outside to see my mom (who LUCKILY fell in love with him instantly) and we agreed to take him. So, I thought I should intruce Cliff (yes, short for Clifford, although I like Cliff better) to the blogging world. He was born on July 17th and is 11 weeks old today. He is a little brother to Sam's hansome "Calvin"



11 Comments:
AWWW he is SOOO cute!!! Good luck with him!!
Adorable!
I wonder who took that awesomely pretty picture of Clifford? Whoever it was must be supercool! ;)
yay, new post!
and new puppy--so cute!
Clifford, you are a very nice boy, and I know that you will grow up to be just as wonderful a dog as your big brother Calvin (who you are almost as handsome as).
Yay for Amy and me having identical puppy patterns! :P (black, yellow, black, cream poodle).
Auntie? Sam and Sister-in-law? Patience
ot...but how was beauty returns (the book)? i didn't realize she had another one out. unfortunately our library doesn't have it yet, i'll have to send in a request.
Wow! Two at once? Thats cool! Anyway thanks for always posting on my blog I love getting the feedback from everyone.
awww he's cute. I'm sure Polaris will teach him the ropes!
Aww!! Geez you're lucky with the whole timing thing!! Goodness!!! I would have been ecstatic if that ever happened to me!! Enjoy cliff!! He's SO cute!!
Awww!!!! I love him Aims!!!!!!! He's sure is a cutie!!! AH! I can't believe you have a POODLE!!!! ha ha!!!
SO cute Amy! I'm so jelous- send a poodle our way next time!
Mickelle, Vinnie, and Marcella under lockdown :)
Hey, we have Clifford's brother Casper.
Check it out at http://darimontvacations.blogger.com
Post a Comment
<< Home