Thursday, January 15, 2009

Very Busy Day

So today was a very busy day. We ventured out into the feezing temperatures at about 7 and drove the long 3 hours to the Breeding Center.

Kongo and Stanley were both put in crates as they finished up the other surgeries of the morning. Then it was Stanley's turn. It turns out that he is Cryptorchidic. This ment that he had only one testicle in the right spot. This lead to a very looooong and tiring surgery and my poor boy looks like something out of frankenstein. After doing a traditional neuter, the vet had to open up his abdomen and go searching for his other testicle. It ended up taking almost an hour to locate the thing! It was sooo neat being in surgery with him because they vet ended up taking out a lot of his intestines temporarily in order to make more room to look around. FINALLY, after the testicle was found and he was stitched (or should I say stapled in this case), the third part of surgery started. He had mild entropia in both eyes that was enough to cause eye infections, so he had surgery to correct his eye lids as well. So, he ended up with 4 different incisions. Needless to say, we came home with antibiotics and heavy pain meds for the next week.
Stubborn Stanley, on the operating table.

While I was waiting for Stanley to wake up I got to go over and cuddle with the puppies too young to be in foster homes. They are all soooo adorable. The majority are going to foster homes over the next 2 weeks, so I'm sure the puppy staff will find it very quite soon.



Finally, before I had to head out, I made up Kongo's feeding chart, put his magnet on his kennel, and introduced him too his new roommate Dozer (who proceded to hump his head). He didn't seem phased by the kennel and I really believe that he is going to do well.

It's a lot easier to see Dozer than Kongo!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger thepuppyraiser said...

Fun pictures! How neat to be able to watch the Stan-Man's surgery.

Good luck Mr. Kongo!! Hope you have some good times with Dozer ;)

January 15, 2009 11:40 PM  
Blogger Lisa and pups said...

Ellie is VERY sympathetic for Stanley. *wink* That's so cool to be able to watch his surgery.

Super cute puppies.

January 16, 2009 7:34 AM  
Blogger Madison said...

The puppies are so cute! I got to watch Andi's surgery also, it was fun! Good luck Knogo!

January 17, 2009 9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home