Saturday, January 10, 2009

Yes, I talk to my dog.

Today I took Kongo for a long walk on the trails, offleash. It was very cold out, and other than a few snowmobiles, there was nobody around. As we were walking, it dawned on me that the entire time I had been babbling along as if I had been walking with another human. Other than the strange content of which I was talking about, there was no diference. Any passerby surely would have given me an odd look, or in this day and age, assumed I was talking on a cell phone? Without the connection of a leash and my ability to give physical corrections, I conceded to correcting and talking to Kongo with elaborate and drawn out sentences. Because, yes, he understands. Right?

I will write out a few that I found funny.

"You realize you are going completely the wrong way?"

" Kongo, do not eat the birdseed. You are a CAR-NA-VORE. Well, actually you are an omnivore, but still, I doubt birdseed is part of your complete and balanced diet."

"Hun, they put that lovely fence up for a reason, ie, no they DON'T want you in their yard."

"Let's stay on the trail, Ok? It's much nicer over here."

"Yes, I am ABSOLUTELY positive that cat does not want to be your new best friend!"

"Excuse me Mister! When I say come, I expect you to get your butt in motion and come!"

"Less sniffing, more walking."

Ok, and those are only a snippit of our entire "conversation". Yes, I talk to my dog, and yes, I am probably crazy. But that's ok :)

I tried to add a video but blogger decided not to let me. Oh well. It was just of Kongo's very good "come". Which is definately useful when there are snowmobiles buzzing about.






Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Noel and Rachele said...

You're not crazy. I talked to Abbott like that all the time. lol


Rachele

January 10, 2009 6:12 PM  
Blogger Hobbes Dogs said...

At least you have a dog there ... I still talk to my dogs even when I'm out without them.

January 10, 2009 10:12 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

bahahaha I love you and I miss you like crazy. I can so imagine you out there saying that stuff :P

January 11, 2009 1:42 AM  
Blogger Carrie and Waffle said...

actually I speak a dialect of dog- black lab- which is different than yellow lab I am told. In fact I just reminded Waffle that dog snores are not endering.

January 11, 2009 8:18 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

YOu are not alone! i'll have to make a post of my own!! lol

January 12, 2009 11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home