Thursday, March 05, 2009

Name Day (Late!)

So I am late doing this, but oh well. I was busy the past couple of days. For once, I had no influence on either of my foster puppies. They were both named by the puppy staff and other than when I was giving clues about Bea, this is the first time I've evenr thought of their meanings. It should be interesting! Since I have nothing to do I shall do all three of my dogs ;)

Chloe: Greek Origin meaning "Young Shoot (of grass or corn). Hmm that one isn't very interesting! There is a famous fashion line in France by that name though. Famous Chloe: Chloe O'Brian is a character on the popular US television show, "24".

Stanley: English Orgin meaning "A Meadow that is Stoney". A Stanley knife is the British name for a utility knife, as the Stanley Works is the major manufacturer of these knifes in Britain. Famous Stanley: Stan Lee (born Stanley Lieber) is the co-creator of various Marvel comic strips, such as Spiderman, X-Men, the Fantastic Four and the Incredible Hulk.

Beasley: English Origin meaning "Bent Grass Clearing". It is a boy's name. So poor Bea may have some gender issues. Bea however is a girl's nickname and means "Voyager through Life". So that is a bit nicer.

ALSO, HAPPY MONTH DAYS TO BEA AND STAN! (3 DAYS APART)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ally and Eclipse said...

Stanley was my maiden name so that's cool to know! I'm sure Beasley won't have any gender issues, most people think all poodles are female anyway!

March 05, 2009 3:42 PM  
Blogger Madison said...

Nice to hear about their names! Bea will be fine, poodles are very feminine anyway!

March 05, 2009 9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home