Say Cheeeese
By some flukey accident Kongo ended up snapping off one of his upper incisors on a sterile bone. He is a very strong chewer, so although the chances of this happening is rare, I'm not surprised it happened to him. I'm not even sure when it happened because he didn't react at all. Still played, still ate, still goofed off. It did break off at the gumline though, which warrented a fun trip to the vets, and a few hours under anesthesia. Since I was in volunteering anyways, I got to stay with my boy as he woke up. I have never seen a 70 pound dog acting like such a wuss. He whined, he cried, he shivered, he panted, he acted like you were murdering him if you so much as looked at him. I sat with him for about an hour and by the time I left he was sleeping contently in a crate in the hall. He has fully recovered and none the worse for wear. My obedience instructor did point out - "well there goes his show career." haha Darn.Labels: Kongo




1 Comments:
OH! That sounds like a bummer....It's amazing the things OUR pups get into!!! Even with all that supervision!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home