A change of Scenary
You may or may not know, that I work at a kennel close to my house. The owner breeds Samoyeds and English Pointers, as well as grooms and boards dogs. What I do changes. Sometimes I work at dog shows with them, grooming and prepping dogs for the ring and sometimes I man the kennel while they go off to shows or out of town. As of yesterday I have uprooted my furry family and moved into their house. They are gone for 2 weeks camping, and until they get back, I am the sole caretaker of 50 dogs. Yikes. I enjoy every minute of it. I mean what could be better than being surrounded by all these furry faces that just want to please you. It does make me apreciate my calm laidback gang once I get home though. These dogs are far from model citizens.
One of the great things about their property though is the 3 FENCED acres! When I first saw it I practically drooled. It's ever dog, and every dog owners dream. I can open the barn door and packs of 10 dogs can entertain themselves for hours in the field! It is complete with a pond, including frogs and fish to play with, a mountain (ok a big dirt pile), 3 foot tall grass, and huge wide open spaces where they can do puppy crazies to their hearts content.
I let my three out to investigate the yard and they were in heaven. It was SOOO nice to see Chloe enjoying herself off leash. She is a runner and doesn't get to enjoy all the off leash walks the rest of my puppies get. Surprisingly too, she was the first in the water. Yup, my Husky/Shepherd beat Kongo in! Wierd. It was way too cold for me, but they didn't seem to mind.
Ok, I will leave you with some pictures. Happy Thanksgiving weekend to all the Canadian bloggers!!!!
Can you see three dogs on the hill?
Home sweet home for the next 2 weeks.
My little mountain climbers.
Mud puppies. Gross. Good thing they are waterproof!
One dog races in the water, two dogs in the water, THREE dogs in the water. Woops, Bea wasn't too sure what to do when the land gave out from under her and suddenly she was swimming!
My two REAL water dogs. You can see the kennel building in the background to the left.
Action shot. Yup, that's all fenced :)
Another action shot. It's hard to see without bieng able to zoom in, but they both look pretty funny.
1,2,3 happy wet and tired puppies going to meet me at the gate. Time for a nap.

One of the great things about their property though is the 3 FENCED acres! When I first saw it I practically drooled. It's ever dog, and every dog owners dream. I can open the barn door and packs of 10 dogs can entertain themselves for hours in the field! It is complete with a pond, including frogs and fish to play with, a mountain (ok a big dirt pile), 3 foot tall grass, and huge wide open spaces where they can do puppy crazies to their hearts content.
I let my three out to investigate the yard and they were in heaven. It was SOOO nice to see Chloe enjoying herself off leash. She is a runner and doesn't get to enjoy all the off leash walks the rest of my puppies get. Surprisingly too, she was the first in the water. Yup, my Husky/Shepherd beat Kongo in! Wierd. It was way too cold for me, but they didn't seem to mind.
Ok, I will leave you with some pictures. Happy Thanksgiving weekend to all the Canadian bloggers!!!!
Of course the mud is a big hit!
Can you see three dogs on the hill?
Home sweet home for the next 2 weeks.
My little mountain climbers.
Mud puppies. Gross. Good thing they are waterproof!
One dog races in the water, two dogs in the water, THREE dogs in the water. Woops, Bea wasn't too sure what to do when the land gave out from under her and suddenly she was swimming!
My two REAL water dogs. You can see the kennel building in the background to the left.
Action shot. Yup, that's all fenced :)
Another action shot. It's hard to see without bieng able to zoom in, but they both look pretty funny.
1,2,3 happy wet and tired puppies going to meet me at the gate. Time for a nap.



3 Comments:
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! :)
Love le pictures, Bea's bouncing in the second last one!! Looks just like a pic I have of Fielder haha Anywhos, glad you're having fun! Kisses to all the dogs
Looks like fun!
Dude, that place is AMAZING!!! Can Camry come play??? Enjoy!!!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home