Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Opinions Please!

OK guys...I need all of your advice on something. As you all know....below are pictures of my lovable little scrag-a-muffin, Cliff!



See? Isn't he adorable. Well, right from the start I decided that A) I did NOT want to put him in a foofy poodle cut and B) I did not want to let his hair get TOO long because then it goes from being cute, to troublesome.

And...it's starting to become troublesome. He is starting to get tearstains, his hair is covering his poor adorable little eyes, he is always dirty from going outside, and he is starting to get a poopy bum. No fun! These pictures were taken today and as you can see, he is still oh-so adorable, but there is hair in his eyes and in general he is starting to look a tad ungroomed, which looks bad on my part.

This is the part where I beg you for ideas. I have a full grooming kit with various blade types so I need to know whether I should trim his whole body just a bit, or a a lot and then let it grow back, just trim his face and feet, WHAT? And atleast I can be comforted by the fact that it is just hair, and WILL grow back. Also to take into consideration...I don't want to leave his hair growing now and then realize mid-winter that he badly needs a drastic hair cut. So I'm thinking along the lines of doing the widest blade over his whole body and the second widest blade over his face and feet. That way he will be quite short for a while...but will his hair will have grown back a lot by the time winter really hits.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm, your idea sounds good i think aims...is that kinda like what CeeCee looked like at the assessment? But don't completely shave his feet, that looked soooo weird.

if cliff is successful, maybe I will hire you to do Fielder too :P But we are bringing Fielder to a groomer soon, maybe this weekend..so we'll see how it goes

November 21, 2006 9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would shave him ALL the way. When GDB had some standard poodles, they always had there hair shaved off all the way. It actually looks pretty good.

November 24, 2006 9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah...only she lives in CANADA

November 25, 2006 5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shave him! Shave him! Shave him! he would look so cute with the Guide Dog Lamb look going on :) ever heard the story of the little boy that pet a Guide Dog Poodle and went back to his mom and exclaimed "I've never pet a lamb before!" LOL

November 27, 2006 4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home