Saturday, November 11, 2006

Due to unfortunate circumstances...

I now have something to blog about *rolls eyes*. Ok, so here's what happened. Me...being my typical air headed self...let the three dogs out in the backyard a while ago. I DID take into consideration that it was raining, and that I should bring them in rather quickly. That DIDN'T stop me from getting side tracked and leaving them out for a good half hour. So I trudged to the door loaded with towels swearing at myself for leaving them out so long and anticipating the mess that usual comes through my door on rainy days. Chloe was the first one in, *sigh of relief* Wow, she’s not actually that dirty. I use a quarter of a towel on her and off she goes in the other room. Then comes Polaris as his usual boisterous self. He charged through the door and managed to do a couple of laps around the kitchen before I cornered him and wiped him down. He was muddy from about the knees down. Yuck. It took a full towel too get him clean. Then of course I had to deal with the path of muddy paw prints he was kind enough to leave me. Thank Polaris! I owe you one. It really was nice of you to let me practice up on my mopping skills! I sit down to collect myself before opening the door to my "dirt magnet" Cliff. I convince myself that he won't be that bad. Usually he only takes a towel or 2 to clean up. I open the door to let him in...and start laughing hysterically. I have invented a new colour of poodle. Himalayan! He is dark brown up to the armpit! His face is COVERED in mud, and his stomach, head and back have a lovely dusting of mud flakes. *sigh*GREAT!*sigh* I honestly didn't even know where to start. Oh right...I got my mom to hold him while I got the camera. The pictures honestly don't do him justice. He was much dirtier and was grinning at me the whole time as if to say, "Wow mom, I had fun! You should let me do that more often." All my mom did was laugh and say that I better give him a bath before our assessment on Monday or they might start to doubt that I'm actually JOKING when I say I have him chained to dirt pile in my backyard. :P lol A bath is certainly on his agenda. It took 1 wet towel and 2 dryt ones to get him even partically clean.





4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww he's so cute muddy! it gives him character, i think...it's like how fielder has a white beard? now clifford can have a brown beard!!! <3

November 11, 2006 9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's raining here too! only, i'm smart (and mean) enough to not let the dogs go romp in the mud. hehe but chris is such a pansy about wet ground...when i relieve her she crawls UNDER the trailer to go.

i like his beard...'twill go along great with mine ahahaha

November 11, 2006 9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cliff is so cute when he's caked with 10 lbs of mud.... LOL
Marcella is thinking about growing a beard...

November 11, 2006 9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ya, and with your hairy chest too amber!!!! hahahah

November 12, 2006 3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home