A Wonderful Visit
Recently I have been very busy with school and activities, so haven't been able to post.
However, yesterday Ruby and I skipped the day of school in order to have a very special visit with some people who I hope will become important in Ruby's life within the coming months.
Because I am going to be away and busy all summer, I won't be able to have any foster puppies. Ruby will be old enough to have her own "person" by then. We started the search so that we could have someone lined up by the end of June when I leave.
So, yesterday we met up with Leslie, and her son Alex. Alex is an 8 year old boy with autism. As soon as he and Ruby met, they instantly had a connection. For the hour that they were in my house, Ruby never left his side and although I was told he isn't TOO fond of dogs, you couldn't tell from the way he was cuddling and petting Ruby. He even let her lick him (apparently he usually thinks dog slobber is gross).After we headed off to the mall and Alex insisted on walking Ruby the entire time. I didn't have to worry at all. Ruby behaved perfectly and everyone was impressed.Here are some pictures from our adventures!
Alex pretends like he is a dog and talks with Ruby. Chloe butts in in the background.
Mom Leslie and Ruby have a cuddle. Alex looks on.

Family Portrait!
However, yesterday Ruby and I skipped the day of school in order to have a very special visit with some people who I hope will become important in Ruby's life within the coming months.
Because I am going to be away and busy all summer, I won't be able to have any foster puppies. Ruby will be old enough to have her own "person" by then. We started the search so that we could have someone lined up by the end of June when I leave.
So, yesterday we met up with Leslie, and her son Alex. Alex is an 8 year old boy with autism. As soon as he and Ruby met, they instantly had a connection. For the hour that they were in my house, Ruby never left his side and although I was told he isn't TOO fond of dogs, you couldn't tell from the way he was cuddling and petting Ruby. He even let her lick him (apparently he usually thinks dog slobber is gross).After we headed off to the mall and Alex insisted on walking Ruby the entire time. I didn't have to worry at all. Ruby behaved perfectly and everyone was impressed.Here are some pictures from our adventures!
Alex first meets Ruby.
Alex pretends like he is a dog and talks with Ruby. Chloe butts in in the background.
Mom Leslie and Ruby have a cuddle. Alex looks on.
Family Portrait!










0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home