Unofficial DOG Name Day
"Ribbon"- Ribbon was originally named by the daughter of the employee that welped the litter. Because they were born on Christmas, the theme was related. Her nicknames include many. The most commonly used one, which evolved over time, is Bellie. Other are: Bonnie, Ribbonella, Ella, Bella, Ella Bella, Ellie Bellie, Ellie, Ribby, Ribbs, Ribbsy oh and the list goes on and on.
Of German Origin
Definition: a woven strip or band of fine material, as silk or rayon, varying in width and finished off at the edges, used for ornament, tying, etc.
Symbolism- Pieces of ribbon are used as symbols of support or awareness for various social causes and are called "awareness ribbons".
Ribbons are used in some ceremonies, such as in a ribbon cutting ceremony.
Other Launguages- Japanese:リボン, Dutch: lint, French: ruban, Indonesian: pita, German: das Band
"Kongo" aka Congo- Kongo's original name is Kong. He was named this after the black kong toy that most dog owners know about, because when he was little he had so many rolls, he looked just like one. As he grew up, he also started being called "King Kong" because he was such a huge puppy. After I got him, I refused to call him Kong, because I think it is a horrible name for a puppy, and so he because Kongo. I haven't had him that long but so far his nicknames include: Kong, Kongo Bongo, Bongo, Billy, and Booger.
In the Voodoo faith, Congo is a handsome but apathetic loa. (spirit).
Kongo, the main character within the Monkey Magic anime series.
Famous Kongo's!-
Cheick Kongo (born 1975), mixed martial arts fighter
Kongō Masahiro (born 1948), former sumo wrestler
John Kongos (born 1945), South African musician, leader of the band "Johnny Kongos and the G-Men"
Kid Congo Powers (born 1960), American singer and guitarist
Of German Origin
Definition: a woven strip or band of fine material, as silk or rayon, varying in width and finished off at the edges, used for ornament, tying, etc.
Symbolism- Pieces of ribbon are used as symbols of support or awareness for various social causes and are called "awareness ribbons".
Ribbons are used in some ceremonies, such as in a ribbon cutting ceremony.
Other Launguages- Japanese:リボン, Dutch: lint, French: ruban, Indonesian: pita, German: das Band
"Kongo" aka Congo- Kongo's original name is Kong. He was named this after the black kong toy that most dog owners know about, because when he was little he had so many rolls, he looked just like one. As he grew up, he also started being called "King Kong" because he was such a huge puppy. After I got him, I refused to call him Kong, because I think it is a horrible name for a puppy, and so he because Kongo. I haven't had him that long but so far his nicknames include: Kong, Kongo Bongo, Bongo, Billy, and Booger.
In the Voodoo faith, Congo is a handsome but apathetic loa. (spirit).
Kongo, the main character within the Monkey Magic anime series.
Famous Kongo's!-
Cheick Kongo (born 1975), mixed martial arts fighter
Kongō Masahiro (born 1948), former sumo wrestler
John Kongos (born 1945), South African musician, leader of the band "Johnny Kongos and the G-Men"
Kid Congo Powers (born 1960), American singer and guitarist



1 Comments:
He could definately be a sumo wrestler. I still think Kong is a most appropriate dog name.
Post a Comment
<< Home