Monday, January 02, 2006

Puppy Party!!!

Well the day started out normal. The doggies had no idea what would be happening at 3 pm! Here is Winter out on a leisurely walk this morning. She still pulls a bit, but with the halti I am able to control her a lot better... Once we got home, instead of sitting around I got to work baking a cake. Not just any kind of cake though, a DOG cake! No, not an actually cake like a dog, one FOR the dogs. I got this recipe off the internet and it called for carrots and cheese among other things. I even even iced it, and had hand decorated dog bones on it. Yum! lol...
Once the cake was baked and iced and the house was clean, it was time to get Winter ready for the party. I had just bought a new perfume and the ribbon fit around Winter's neck perfectly. Lime green suits her don't you think? Now the wait was on for the guests to arrive...
First came Peggy with her 2 female black labs. Diva( a breeding dog), who is 1 1/2 year old and Dart who is 6 months old. Then came Missy and Nat. Missy had a 1 1/2 year old black lab named Pixie, who is now part way through her CVC training (she was home from training for the holidays) and Blossom, a 7 1/2 month old female black lab. Nat had Kodak, who is a 1 year old male white standard poodle who was taking a vacation from HED training. Next came Lynn with her females Naveed and Eden, a 1 1/2 year old yellow lab and a 6 month old yellow lab, Amy with Echo, a 6 month old male black lab, and Joanne with Easton, a 6 month old male black lab (the 3 "E" puppies that attended are siblings.) Those people and dogs, along with my mother, our 3 dogs and me, sure made our house busy. The dogs all went out in the backyard for a very long play while we ate, and then things moved into the basement. Here is Kodak, Pixie, Dart, Easton, Chloe (from left to right) and humans Peggy, Missy and Amy. Sorry, they kind of got cut off!...
More fun in the basement once all the dogs got there presents. We did a secret Santa for the dogs. Each dog brought a present and got to choose a present (under $5). They all loved the toys, but loved each other better. I think we got it sorted out by the end though. Here is Holly, Crispy, Echo and Winter fighting over a toy, with Kodak looking on off to the side...
More fun in the basement. Here is Winter, Kodak, Blossom, Eden and Chloe...
Peggy and Lynn sitting at the table Dart, Pixie, Crispy, Echo and Naveed wander about...
Outside after all the festivities. I couldn't possibly be able to tell you who all the dogs are...although the 2 yellow blurs are Winter and Naveed, Amy is the human standing out there, Crispy is the dog walking towards the camera, and Blossom is the one you get the full side view of. For some reason my flash worked funny...
A bum shot of Kodak haha. Pixie is standing beside him...
Chloe, Blossom, Crispy, and Winter's cute little tush (and tail) rumaging in the snow...
Little Echo, wondering where everyone has gone. He was outside by himslef when everyone went in...
Well, I must say that that was a very successful party. I loved all the people and dogs that attending and everyone was remarkably well behaved. The food, couches and people were safe the whole night. Hopefully we will be able to do this agian...maybe in the summer when we can just leave the door to the backyard open. I am also VERY pleased to say (I didn't say it part way throught because I didn't want to jinx it) but we had NO ACCIDENTS THE WHOLE NIGHT!!! YAY!!!! That is such a good thing. I have a big job ahead of me for cleaning the backyard, but thats another story.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home