Second day
Well the first night was uneventful YAY!!! We headed off to bed at 10:30, and were up at 8 for the morning. She was up once at 4 for a bathroom break but nothing other than that. She didn't whine at all!!!! Too bad I can't take any credit for how good she is lol, but she came this way.
Today we had fun playing outside for a bit. Because she's so little she can only be outside for a few minutes before she starts shivering and needs to come in. I can't really think of anything else interesting to say so I guess thats all for now.
Oh, I will agree with you all that I am crazy for having three!! haha Although we unfortunately have a recall date for Polaris (less than two weeks away) and until then, Cliff is staying at a puppysitters. So technically we never have more than two foster puppies in the house. That way the attention isn't spread too thin, but I can stil foster the specific puppies that I want regardless of when hand out is. Plus my mother is very supportive and has taken a huge role in all the puppies, and especially Cliff's life. He goes to work with her and gets handled by her, so even when I am busy with Polaris, or now the new puppy, everyone is still getting worked and socialized. I think that she is getting very good and is hooked on fostering. By having two I never have to "share" if I don't want to. I'm not sure if she will foster once I move out, but I think she might at some point.
Also, in both situations of overlapping puppies, things just happened at the right time and place, and it was because of the puppy that I got them. When we ended up with Cliff it was because I had been thinking of a poodle and none were available. It was amazing timing that he got returned the morning I had enquired about a poodle. As for Ribbon, there were a ton of puppies born around the same time that they werre looking for homes for. Originally I wasn't planning on getting one, but the timing was going to work out very well with Polaris going back. Plus there was a black female (I had said i wanted a female) out of the same mother as my first foster puppy who was a great dog that I will never forget. How could I resist? Nothing in my life puppy or otherwise has turned out like I imagine it, but it's been working out well for me so far :)
Today we had fun playing outside for a bit. Because she's so little she can only be outside for a few minutes before she starts shivering and needs to come in. I can't really think of anything else interesting to say so I guess thats all for now.Oh, I will agree with you all that I am crazy for having three!! haha Although we unfortunately have a recall date for Polaris (less than two weeks away) and until then, Cliff is staying at a puppysitters. So technically we never have more than two foster puppies in the house. That way the attention isn't spread too thin, but I can stil foster the specific puppies that I want regardless of when hand out is. Plus my mother is very supportive and has taken a huge role in all the puppies, and especially Cliff's life. He goes to work with her and gets handled by her, so even when I am busy with Polaris, or now the new puppy, everyone is still getting worked and socialized. I think that she is getting very good and is hooked on fostering. By having two I never have to "share" if I don't want to. I'm not sure if she will foster once I move out, but I think she might at some point.
Also, in both situations of overlapping puppies, things just happened at the right time and place, and it was because of the puppy that I got them. When we ended up with Cliff it was because I had been thinking of a poodle and none were available. It was amazing timing that he got returned the morning I had enquired about a poodle. As for Ribbon, there were a ton of puppies born around the same time that they werre looking for homes for. Originally I wasn't planning on getting one, but the timing was going to work out very well with Polaris going back. Plus there was a black female (I had said i wanted a female) out of the same mother as my first foster puppy who was a great dog that I will never forget. How could I resist? Nothing in my life puppy or otherwise has turned out like I imagine it, but it's been working out well for me so far :)



5 Comments:
Awwww! Only Two Weeks till Poly goes back??? Good grief!
I thought you guys kept them until they were 18 months!
No, our's have been going back at 11 month for the past couple of years...it's only been recently that we even get to see them for their first birthday.
Ribbon!!!! Stop growing already!!! You look like you've put on 5 pounds since yesterday!!! Although you are not as big as Yukon yet haha.....can deffers see the resemblance though. Very pretty puppies :)
SHE IS SO CUTE!!! I'm pretty sure you should wrap her up in paper and mail her to me :)
Mickelle
AMY!!! WE NEEEED MORE PICTURES!!! WE ARE DYING DOWN HERE!!
Post a Comment
<< Home